Irvine Spectrum Center Repair
- Project: Four story parking structure repair
- Owner: The Irvine Company
- Structural Firm: Ficcadenti & Waggoner
- Certified Installer: Construction Services, Inc.
- General Contractor: McCarthy Building Companies
- Geotechnical Firm: GMU Geotechnical, Inc.
Cause: Four story parking structure suffering distress due to a damaged storm drain line which led to oversaturation of fill soils, causing portions of first level to settle.
Scope of Repair: Repaired panelized concrete wall sections by installing MacLean Dixie helical anchors under existing panel footings to a depth of 25 lf. Lifted & releveled existing panels, filled void beneath footing with non shrink slurry grout. Backfilled, compacted excavations & replaced concrete removed.
Work was performed during normal business hours, with minimal disruption of the use of the parking structure. Limited access required use of a hand held installation rig along with skid steer tractor.